E-mail MeJohn J. Kerrigan Jr.
My criminal defense practice is about helping people in trouble. I have been defending people charged with crimes for more than 35 years and have represented criminal defendants in more than 250 jury trials. My entire practice is defending adults and juveniles charged with crimes.
I represent both adult and juvenile criminal defendants in Bucks County and throughout southeastern Pennsylvania, as well as in federal criminal cases in Pennsylvania.
I have been selected as a Pennsylvania Super Lawyer and am AV Peer Review Rated through Martindale-Hubbell.* I am a former president of both the Bucks County Bar Association and Pennsylvania Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers, and served on the federal Criminal Justice Act panel for more than 25 years.
Everyone charged with a crime deserves a high-quality criminal defense. Contact me now for a free consultation about your defense.
*CV, BV and AV are registered certification marks of Reed Elsevier Properties Inc., used in accordance with the Martindale-Hubbell certification procedures, standards, and policies.
Martindale-Hubbell is the facilitator of a peer review rating process. Ratings reflect the confidential opinions of members of the Bar and the Judiciary. Martindale-Hubbell Ratings fall into two categories - legal ability and general ethical standards.
Areas of Practice
- Criminal Defense
- Pennsylvania and Federal Criminal Defense
- Juvenile Criminal Defense
- Criminal Appeals
- Bail and Bond Hearings
- Drug Crimes
- Theft and Property Offenses
- White Collar Crimes
- Sex Offenses
- Assault and Violent Crimes
- Parole and Probation Violations
- Murder - Homicide & Manslaughter
Certified Legal Specialties
- Rule 801 Death Penalty Qualified, Commonwealth of Pennsylvania
- Pennsylvania, 1972
- U.S. District Court Eastern District of Pennsylvania
- U.S. Court of Appeals 3rd Circuit, 1973
- U.S. Supreme Court
- Catholic University of America, Columbus School of Law, Washington, District of Columbia
- J.D. - 1972
- St Joseph's University, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
- B.S. - 1965
- Course Planner and Lecturer, Pennsylvania Bar Institute's Annual Criminal Law Symposium
Honors and Awards
- Pennsylvania Super Lawyer
- AV Peer Review Rated through Martindale-Hubbell
- Recipient, Bucks County Bar Association Criminal Law Section Liberty Award, 2004
- Recipient, Pennsylvania Bar Association Pro Bono Award, 2002
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Pennsylvania Bar, Member, 1972 - Present
- Pennsylvania Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers, President, 2004 - 2005
- Pennsylvania Bar Association Board of Governors, Zone 9 Governor (Bucks, Chester, Delaware, Montgomery Counties), 2000 - 2003
- Pennsylvania Bar Institute, Member, Criminal Law Committee
- Bucks County Bar Association, Former President
- Bucks County Bar Association, Member, Bench & Bar Committees
- Bucks County Bar Association, Member, Criminal Law Section
- Bucks County Bar Association, Former Chairman, Pro Bono Committee
- Bucks County Bar Association, Lawyer Referral Committee
- Bucks County Bar Association, Long Range Planning Committee
- Pennsylvania Trial Lawyers Association, Former Member, Board of Governors
- Federal Criminal Justice Act (CJA) Panel, Panel Member, 1975 - 2001