Jump to Navigation

DUI, Drunk Driving & License Suspension

Unparalleled Criminal Defense Experience

  • Focused exclusively on criminal defense
  • Handled over 8,500 criminal defense cases
  • Represented clients in more than 250 jury trials
  • Represented clients in more than 1,000 non-jury trials and suppression hearings

Bucks County DWAI/DUI/MV Lawyer

Driving while ability impaired (DWAI) — known elsewhere as DUI or DWI — is a serious charge that can have many adverse effects on your life and lifestyle. Having an experienced lawyer represent you can help reduce the consequences of a drunk-driving charge.

My firm, John J. Kerrigan, Jr., Attorney at Law, handles a large number of DWAI/DUI cases in Bucks County, Montgomery County, and Philadelphia County every year, ranging from first time arrests to cases involving drivers with prior DWAI convictions. I understand the law regarding DWAI arrests and alcohol-testing procedures, and work diligently to protect my clients' rights.

Contact me as soon as possible for a free consultation. I can review your case and discuss your legal options. I have been helping clients just like you throughout Bucks County, Montgomery County, and Philadelphia County, and also the Federal Court in the Eastern District of Pennsylvania.

Defending a DWAI/DUI Charge

A DWAI/DUI charge carries a risk of jail time, in addition to fines and restriction of your driving privileges. Your insurance premiums may also increase. With so much at stake, you need an effective defense attorney working on your behalf.

I will review the evidence in your case. Sometimes, the police can make a mistake during the traffic stop, investigation or breath testing, which can help obtain a dismissal of the charge, or reduction to a lesser charge.

Restoring Your Driving Privileges and Moving On

Even if the evidence is strong and you are convicted, there may be options. Most first-time offenders are eligible for Pennsylvania's Accelerated Rehabilitative Disposition (ARD) program. With ARD, if you go a year without getting into any more legal trouble, the DWAI/DUI charge will be dropped and taken off your record. For people under 18, a consent decree from juvenile court can have the same effect.

In addition to the criminal charge, a person arrested for DWAI/DUI faces an automatic driver's license suspension. If your license has been suspended, I may be able to help you get an Occupational Limited License so you can drive to work or school. I can also represent you regarding any traffic violations related to your DWAI/DUI arrest.

Free Consultation with an Attorney

Contact me today for a free consultation at my Langhorne law office.

Criminal Defense Contact Us

John J. Kerrigan, Jr., Attorney at Law
[email protected]

The Lofts at Oxford Valley
174 Middletown Boulevard
Suite C 300
Langhorne, PA 19047

Phone: 215-741-7144
Fax: 215-741-0123